Girl Talk: Feminine Hygiene
It is without a doubt that when God created the woman he made no mistakes.
The female body is a beautiful and curvaceous sculpted art. However, like some beautiful work of art, it must be dusted and varnish to maintain its beauty, the same applies to the human body, more importantly, the female body. In this article, I will give a brief synopsis of common personal hygiene tips every woman should know and what products I personally recommend for the vaginal area.
The vagina is a tube of muscle inside a woman’s body that runs from the cervix to the vaginal opening. The external sex organs, which are called the vulva, surround the vaginal opening. One of the functions of the vagina is, it cleans its self. Yes, believe it or not! However, they are ways that you can keep your vagina clean and healthy.
Although, some Gynaecologist dismisses the use of Soap, stating that it is very aggressive for the gentle, sensitive skin of the intimate area. I would recommend a pH-balance cleanser or a 100% natural intimate wash that doesn’t contain soap, fragrances or dyes.
Vaginal Care Tips
- Always wipe front to back.
- Always keep the vaginal area dry
- Pat your vagina dry instead of rubbing
- Wear cotton underwear
- Visit a gynaecologist for a check-up.
- Keep hydrated.
- Be mindful of what you eat. (Cranberry Juice, Yoghurt, Garlic, Pineapple to name a few should be incorporated in your daily diet)
The Menstrual Cycle
Every month the lady in the red dress, as I like to call her, greets every female whether they like it or not. She’s known as the menstrual cycle. Having a period is very important for the female body. Every month, females who have gone through puberty will experience menstrual bleeding. This occurs when the lining of the uterus becomes thicker to prepare for a fertilized egg if the woman becomes pregnant. However, if the egg isn’t fertilized, that lining is then released from the body as blood. So in other words, your menstrual cycle is part of your body’s way of preparing for a possible pregnancy each month.
Menstrual Cycle Tips and Advice
- Keep track of your menstrual cycle. You can easily download an app or mark your calendar to keep track.
- Always be prepared. (I personally always carry a pouch with Sanitary napkins and an extra underwear in my bag)
- Five days before your period be sure to wear panty liners and five days after.
- Purchase the best sanitary napkins that make you feel comfortable.
- Bathe twice a day to keep the vaginal area clean and to dismiss any odours.
- Change sanitary pads and tampons regularly during your period.
- Drink plenty of water to keep hydrated
If you remember to take these tips into consideration and do what is necessary to maintain a clean and healthy vagina you should be all set. Don’t forget, that a clean vagina is always a good vagina!